Tuesday, May 10

Camera Strap Tutorial

So I to go with my new camera I felt like I needed a handmade strap to go on it, and I do not sew.
SEW My friend, Krishna and I get together to make straps for our cameras...we put tutorials together for all you peeps out there wanting to know how.

1. measure your strap and pick out your fabrics.

2. I picked 3 patterns that I liked and cut a 5 inch strip of one, a 1 and half inch strip and a 1 inch strip (I think) HAHA I was mainly watching ad copying my friend...Like I said I don't sew. It doesn't really matter the two smaller fabrics will be for the ruffles you can just do one ruffle if you want to just cut one fabric strip of 1 and a half inch.


3. After Ironing the edges down on the top piece (I decided to leave the middle piece of fabrics edges, because hey I like the fraying imperfect edge.) I sewed the edges down(of red fabric) and then a straight stitch down the center of the pieces I wanted to ruffle.

I pinned them down on the main fabric and pulled of the pieces of string to make the ruffle (I don't have a picture of this, it was REALLY the part I hated)
4. After I finished pinning it all in place I sewed one straight stitch down the center, folded the main fabric and after ironing it sewed a stick down the side with the ruffles on the inside.
5. I then turned it inside out and ironed it again and slid it on my camera strap! CU-UTE!!!
From Drop Box
Hope you guys enjoy this! Check out these other handmade pretties!

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Abbs*

1 comment:

  1. This is one thing I have still got to try. I like the colors you picked and the frills! It looks great! Visiting you from Tip Junkie.

    ReplyDelete