Wednesday, July 13

Sweet Harper Kate

For those of you who have been keeping up with HK's story over here at my Blog, I really want to encourage you to check out my sister- n-laws blog. The thoughts and verses are so powerful. They are so real, and everybody loves realness right?? I WISH!
Life should be this real, we should have to pull the mask off and show who we really are when life gets tough. After all isn't that how God grows us, when we keep our real thoughts and feelings inside we are missing out on an opportunity for God to use our story.

Jarod and Court have realized that their story is way bigger than themselves. It's part of a way bigger story, and God is still in the business of redemption and love. It's not over, in fact it might be a long road, but they are learning to trust Him everyday with the life of their little girl.

Please read today's post by my brother, he talks about having God on the stand to prove who He really is. Go here to read it.

The months that followed the original diagnosis was painful. Sometimes I Don't know what hurts more, to go through something yourself or to have to stand by why someone you love so much goes through something.
there were days I just laid in bed crying and praying that God would take the pain away from my older brother. Court seemed to carry this hidden strength somewhere (I'm assuming it was only from God.) I am very close to my older Brother and understand him and his hurt over some things that have happened in his life. I kept saying, "God, why him??" why that Brother whose faith seemed to be SO fragile at times??? now reading the post today from him was clarity that that is exactly why it was Him, God needed to take him to his "Moriah" as he put it. God needed to whisper to Jarod that He had this, just trust. I think it is hard for me to remember that God sacrificed his son for us, why do we want to think that is too much for God to ask of us? Courtney and Jarod are having to learn what that looks like daily...the pain is real for them. I love that little girl as if she were my own, and have even had some battles between wanting this baby growing inside of me to be a girl and wanting Harper Kate to be the only little Princess in the Pardue family.
After all God is in control.

this verse came to mind today as I was reading my Brother's post.

1 Peter 1:7
"These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."
From Drop Box

Abbs*

3 comments:

  1. I agree that sometimes it's even harder to watch someone you love so much go through something so hard. In 2005 my aunt and her husband were blessed with a beautiful baby boy that they had waited so long for - 4 months later, after surgery and months in the hospital, he passed away from a heart defect. Even though I hadn't experienced motherhood myself yet I was over come with the gut wrenching pain they were going through. Now that I'm a mother myself just talking about them losing their sweet boy brings tears to my eyes. God is in control and throughout their situation I saw their faith strengthened rather then weaken. Prayers and blessings to sweet Harper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hurts, but I think of the battle that was waged, not on the field, but with the lifting of the hands. Those of us that go through things, need those that grieve with us. Lifting hands and praying, praising God through a battle we cannot fight alone. I look at HK's pictures and there is just a swell of love for her, how can we not hold our hands high with her name on our lips? Keep 'em high Abby, this journey they are on is not over by a long shot! And with the depth of pain in seeing them hurt will be shadowed by the cries of joy in the triumphs they see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbs---Your heart is so much like your older brother's. Open & honest...I absolutely love the way you phrase things so perfectly. Love you so much! Thanks for the post about my little miracle.

    ReplyDelete