Tuesday, June 28

Thrift Store Snag!

First off I want to share some random thoughts with you and then I will share my AMAZING thrift store snag!

I was in church Sunday and one of the songs we normally sing refers to Jesus as a friend...I Hate when people refer to Him as a friend. My family even thinks I'm weird, but I'm apparently the only one who is anal about a Jesus friend. I know that probably sounds awful, but I think i understand now why i don't like it.
I don't think I've had a good taste left in my mouth from past friendships. I don't associate friends as "someone who sticks closer than a brother" I've had most bail when things aren't going right or I'm being too real or honest. I like to think of Jesus not as a friend, but more like a loving father who will have my back when it feels like the world has disowned me. Now i get that everybody is going to relate to Jesus by their past especially if they have 3 0r maybe even 15 best friends, but a dad who abandoned them... but that is what makes us "us" i guess. what is your view of Jesus? do you feel like I do about him being called a friend? or am i the only one?? haha I probably am. I'm very aware that the Bible refers to Him as that too, but just letting you know where I'm at.

now...

I was in Anthropologie the other day and came across this cute, but expensive cookie jar...there were three of them ranging from $68, $98, to $128?!? are people crazy?? who has that kind of money to spend on a freakin cookie jar?
From Drop Box
I was walking through my fav thrift store with my hands full of stuff, when I saw it....
It was BEAUTIFUL I immediately ditched everything I had in my hands (I hate carts when I'm not carrying kids and diaper bags) and grabbed her! $6.99!! came home and discovered this little jewel is on craigslist and Etsy for over $40.
If i had a happy dance I would have done it right there in the store!
From Drop Box

3 comments:

  1. First, your owl cookie jar is AMAZING! I love all things owl and that's to die for! And second, I totally agree with you, I think of God as my Father more then a friend. I guess because like you all my "friends" have been backstabbing "deserters"! Lol! So yeah, I hope God isn't like my past friend. But on the other had I have the most amazing earthly dad and I I find myself thinking of God much more like him then like my past friends. So you aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find Abby! love the cookie jar. I think any of us who have had true friends can see JESUS as a friend. I think about His time on Earth and how he loved and cared and was a friend to the friendless. We fall short in the friend department...but Jesus never did - He's a great example for us. I love that He knows how I feel even when I don't have the words. He loves me unconditionally. That's a true friend...and of course He's so much more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Abby ! I love Reading your stuff!!!!

    I think of Jesus as a friend because I, like you can only recall very few friends in my life who stuck by me through thick and thin. I LOVE the concept of Jesus as a friend so I can easily see him as a friend and a father who is always there beside me like a friend and to lift me up like a father. He's just the best of both worlds isn't he.

    ReplyDelete